If you download the book when free, all we ask is you give us some feedback. NOTE it’s only 1 download per application and you have 1 day to download it.
What is Behavioural Waste™?
- There’s no point in trying to grow your business if you are currently busy doing the wrong things. You won’t have time to adopt new approaches. Begin by reducing wasteful behaviour to create the space to grow purposeful behaviour.
- People like doing lean, fixed systems or efficiency exercises because it focuses attention onto processes, which are seen as impersonal, and thus avoids the issue of having to change your behaviour.
- Behavioural Waste™ is the largest hidden cost that businesses fail to account for.
- When people talk about culture, they don’t realise that they may have already chosen to fail because talking about the culture of an organisation doesn’t help solve the problem of what in particular, needs to change. The real cultural issue is everyone’s contribution to the accumulated Behavioural Waste™ that is collectively strangling your purpose. If you have purpose that is meaningful, you can empower people to say “no” to futile, wasteful working, and to innovate usefully.
- Behavioural Waste™ is parasitic. The old Parkinson’s Law quotation that work expands to fill the time available for its completion is only partially true. In reality it is unchecked Behavioural Waste™ that expands to cripple meaningful purpose.
- When people understand their own Behavioural Waste™, as well as the consequences of that Behavioural Waste™ on other people’s behaviour, and begin to control and reduce it then new capacity for growth begins to appear and people have time to consciously think and to innovate.
When you reduce your Behavioural Waste™ you make room for productive activities.
What would you achieve with an extra 1hr a day being more productive?
What impact would that have on your results?
What impact would it have on your organisation and other people?
We hope you enjoy the book!